Help managing your account

Help managing your account

There are a number of ways you can get help managing your money – or a friend or family member’s – if you or they are no longer able to make financial decisions.

What is third-party access?

Third-party access means giving someone you trust the authority to access and manage your bank account. You (the donor) might want to give this person (the representative) short-term access or long-term access.

When you or someone else might need third party access

Third party access is suitable in situations where the donor is, for example:

  • Going through a period of illness or recovery
  • Requires additional support managing their own affairs
  • Travelling abroad
  • Going to university

What is third-party access?

There are 3 types of third-party access we support:

Send us a document

Before we can add an attorney to the account, we will need a form and the associated documents. Please note we do require certification on each page of the document.

You can send us these documents in the following ways:

  • As part of the application – we may require identify evidence as part of the application. If this is the case, you can also upload the power of attorney documents, the completed form, along with any identity documents we ask for.
  • Online – if the account is already opened, we will restrict certain activities on your account relating to moving money until the correct authorities have been added. You can upload the documents we need by going to the ‘Documents’ section, selecting ‘Upload a document’, and choosing ‘Add an attorney, deputy or representative’ as the document type from the dropdown.
  • By post to:

Marcus UK
PO Box 74787

Your documents will be returned to you.

Contact us

If you can’t find what you need online, one of our Customer Care Team members can guide you. Our lines are open from 8am - 8pm, Monday to Friday (excluding bank holidays).